For 70 years, the San Antonio Professional Chapter of the Association for Women in Communications, Inc., has honored outstanding Headliners – community leaders who have made exceptional contributions in professional, volunteer, and civic arenas. We invite you to add to this distinguished list of honorees by nominating women and men who deserve recognition in the categories below. Please use a separate form for each entry. Submit an Award Nomination online now or Download the Forms!
- The nomination deadline is Friday, March 24, 2017.
- Honorees must be able to attend the Annual Headliner Brunch from 10:30 a.m. – Noon on Saturday, June 3, 2017, at The Veranda located at 1746 Lockhill Selma Rd. San Antonio, TX 78213.
- There are no entry fees to submit an award nominee.
- The nomination form must be fully completed.
- A nomination letter, not exceeding two 8-1/2″ x 11” pages, must be attached to this form or a copy of this form and must include the following:
- Qualifications in detail for the designated category
- Achievements in other areas
- More than one nomination may be made for an individual.
- Nominees need not be members of the Association for Women in Communications, Inc.
- Previous Headliners are ineligible. Here is a list of past recipients.
Professional Achievement: Nominee must have been an active 10-year member in a profession or industry and must have made a significant contribution to his or her field. Community involvement will be an additional consideration.
Harriett Ross Individual Achievement: Nominee’s achievements are an inspiration to others.
Volunteer Service: Nominee must have been active for at least 10 years in any type of volunteer service and must have made a significant contribution to advance the organization’s goals.
Public Endeavor: Nominee must have been active for at least 10 years in an area of civic action that impacts the community such as government, health, welfare or environment. Nominee may have worked full-time, part-time or on a volunteer basis.
Education: Nominee must have been active for at least 10 years in the field of education and must be recognized for outstanding achievement in a particular field of specialization.
Edna McGaffey Media Excellence: Nominee is a local communications professional who has exhibited a commitment to the standards of professional journalism.
The San Antonio Professional Chapter of the Association for Women in Communications, Inc. reserves the right to transfer nominees between categories as appropriate, to withhold an award in any category that does not receive suitable nominations, and to add additional awards as deemed by the Headliner Selection Committee. Honorees will be notified by telephone and e-mail.