The AWC Matrix Foundation’s Certified Communications Professional program offers you the opportunity to become a Certified Communications Professional (CCP). Here’s how:
You earn points toward certification: a total of 3,000 points – 1,500 points from professional and volunteer activities and 1,500 points from education activities. You may count activities from the past five years, as well as those you perform for up to 3 years after you begin this program. Review the program points breakdown here.
This program has been approved by the National AWC Board of Directors, endorsed by the University of Washington Department of Communications and is open to any professional who has been employed in any area of communications for two of the last five years at the time of application. The successful applicant must also be a member of a recognized professional communications organization at the time of application and maintain membership while completing the program.
- Certification as a professional communicator
- Flexible program that accommodates individual career paths and professional development
- Open to all communicators, not just AWC members
- Opportunity to demonstrate achievements and enhance employment/client potential
- Special rates for AWC members
- A workbook leads enrollees through a series of professional, volunteer and educational activities that earn points.
- Download the CCP brochure here.
AWC Members: $150 upon application & $150 upon completion
Members of Other Professional Communications Organizations: $250 upon application & $250 upon completion
Program Application Information & Application
Submit application & payment online here.
Complete the application & mail in with payment. Download
If you have questions regarding the program, contact the AWC Matrix Foundation Certification Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.