These one-hour, quick-hitting, power-packed live webinars are designed with your diverse communication development needs AND your busy schedule in mind! Each session includes a communications expert discussing tips and tools you need for your job, followed by open Q&A with participants. You’ll also be able to submit questions in advance! All events are offered FREE TO AWC MEMBERS. Check out our Events Calendar for these and other events.
KNOW TO GROW events focus on hot topics in our field and skill development. The sessions leverage the knowledge and experience of AWC members who have unique or deep expertise in their area of the communication field.
SPEED MENTORING events focus on career development and advancement. The sessions leverage the career depth and perspectives of AWC members who have moved into advanced areas of their organization, field, or business ownership.
ONLINE MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY
Connect with AWC Members around the world. The password-protected Membership Directory provides you with 24/7 access for networking with your peers.
Stay current with AWC Events and Activities by receiving e-news bulletins that inform members of upcoming activities and news.
Utilize the Newsroom Links page for direct access to affiliated organizations, communication resources, women’s programs and expert writing references.
AWC MATRIX FOUNDATION
The AWC Matrix Foundation’s mission is to promote the advancement of women in the communications profession by providing funds for education, research and publications. They sponsor awards, grants and a Certified Communications Program. Get more details.
BE RECOGNIZED FOR YOUR WORK
Further enhance your communication skills and seek to have them celebrated through the following programs:
The Clarion Awards is a renowned competition open to all communicators. The awards annually recognize excellence in communications fields.
The International Matrix Award rewards a communications professional for achieving the highest level of professional excellence. The AWC Board of Directors instituted this award in 1998.
The AWC Headliner Award recognizes an AWC member who has recent national accomplishments, as well as consistent communications excellence.
AWC ANNUAL PROFESSIONAL & STUDENT CHAPTER AWARDS
AWC Professional Chapter Awards are presented each year at the annual conference to AWC professional and student chapters that have excelled in leadership, communications and community support. This includes the AWC Chapter Star Award and AWC Chapter Excellence Award.
AWC Student Chapter Awards annually recognize outstanding student members, advisors and chapters on the basis of leadership activities and contributions to school and community. This award was created in 1990. This includes the AWC Rising Star Award (highest achievement award for an AWC Student), AWC Outstanding Chapter Award, and AWC Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award.
AWC NON-TRADITIONAL AWARDS
- The National Georgina MacDougall Davis Award given in the name of one of the organization’s founders, recognizes continuous, distinguished service to AWC goals. The award may not be given more than five times in a decade.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award rewards longstanding professional accomplishments and service to the association. AWC created the award in 1997.
- The Ruth Weyand and the Business Pinnacle Award is named in honor of a labor attorney who worked tirelessly for women’s rights in the workplace. It recognizes companies with forward-thinking policies toward women and minorities. AWC created the award in 1998.
FIND A JOB
Investigate or expand your career options by using the online AWC Job Board. Peruse postings in a variety of communications fields, set up a job alert notifying you by e-mail of new opportunities, and post an anonymous resume that will enable you to list your experience and qualifications in a protected environment. AWC member employers are eligible to receive the member rate for posting jobs.
EXCLUSIVE MEMBER ONLY SAVINGS
- LegalShield® Legal Plans – Group Rates Now Available. Access to Experienced Attorneys for as Low as $15.95/month! Visit their website for services and special offers.
- Penny Wise Office Products – Brand name office products at discounted member rates, toll-free ordering, fast and free delivery ($45 minimum order) and hassle-free returns. Benefits include:
- More than 40,000 brand name office supplies at the lowest prices, guaranteed! While no company can guarantee its prices are the lowest on every product every day, our AWC contract assures members the lowest price available. Here’s how: If you buy a product from Penny Wise and then see it advertised for less elsewhere, simply send the ad to Penny Wise within 30 days and receive a credit for the difference. You couldn’t ask for more!
- Fast service: FREE Next Day Delivery on your order of $45 or more
- An additional 3% discount on all online orders. This discount is automatically calculated when you complete your order!
- To set up your account, contact Penny Wise at 1-800-942-3311, or visit their website. Be sure to mention your AWC membership or enter the WCO savings code for the AWC account online.
- HotelStorm – Exclusive hotel discounts. HotelStorm negotiates hotel discounts only available to AWC members, with discounts up to 55%. Just go to our site and use password MEMBERPERK for access.